[ale] gvim in suse 8.1?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Feb 17 10:18:38 EST 2003

rpm -qa | grep -i "vim"

That should show both the vim that gvim uses and gvim. If either is
missing, it needs to be installed.

If both are present, there is an installation problem that will be
easiest to fix by locating the gvim.rpm package on the CD and running
rpm -Uvh gvim*.rpm --force

This will reinstall the gvim regardless of any gripes and errors.

If it STILL doesn't work, you will need to uninstall it (rpm -e gvim and
anything else it depends on, it will tell you) then reinstall using rpm
-ivh gvim*.rpm and anything else it depends on.

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 01:18, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> frustrating.
> gvim is illusive in SUSE 8.1. There are icons for it, and it is supposed to be
> on the menu, but it only has vim. I have searched for gvim, and have not
> really found what I think is "it."
> I have spent a lot of time on this, and it seems like it is already here
> somewhere. I did a full install of suse 8.1, searched for gvim* amoung other
> things. Anyone?
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

 This is a digitally signed message part