[ale] [OT] can anyone program a PIC for me?

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Feb 2 20:45:32 EST 2003

> could help me out.  I'm willing do pay for it, or buy a round of drinks
> or whatever.  I don't really know what the value of it is.  I'll provide
> the PICs (they're 16F84's) and the .asm code.  The code is assembled
> using gpasm and written to the PIC 16F84 chip using picprg (or whatever
> programmer you have).

Depending on your time constraints and revision issues, you may want to put
together your own programmer. I maintain a PIC programmer page precisely for
low volume applications such as yours: The Trivial Low Voltage PIC programmer
(TLVP). Unfortunately it doesn't do 16F84 parts. My rational is found here:

http://www.finitesite.com/d3jsys/16F628.html

My current programmer isn't high voltage. However I do have a high voltage
schematic here:

http://www.finitesite.com/d3jsys/proghvp.html

Finally if your project doesn't use PortB pin 4 (the LVP pin on the 16F628)
I will happily program 3 16F628s (which I have on my desk somewhere) with your
code.

> As an added bonus, I'll demo the dashpc for you when I pickup/drop off
> the chips.

Cool. Let me know.

BAJ