[ale] OT: Anybody sick today?

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Dec 30 01:02:59 EST 2003

 > > However, usually it greatly increases cholesterol.  If you go on the diet
> > > be sure to get yours checked.  While I lost 20# on it, a subsequent Physical
> > > caused my doctor to order me off of it permanently.
> > >
> > > Bob
> > > ..heads off for yucky diet dinner food.
>
> > I call "myth."
> My cholesterol was measured via standard scientific methods.  No myth
> in the numbers.  Anyone at risk (almost everyone on this list) should
> spend the few hundred dollars to get their cholesterol checked.  An
> extra 10 years of life could be the result...now back to our regularly
> scheduled geekdom.
>
> Bob

My reaction was to your use of the word "usually."
I was not doubting that your cholesterol level was raised.
The point is you seem to blame the diet, claiming it "usually" raises the level.
Then, you tell us that your doctor blamed the diet as well, and told you to stay off it.
And while respecting those facts, I posed two questions:

The logical question is "how can you raise your cholesterol if you are eating less of it?"
The second question is "if you are eating more cholesterol on the diet . . . why?"
And now: What would happen if you binged that "diet" food you are eating now?

-course you don't have to answer any of that, I was just clarifying-
	-back to our regularly scheduled geekdom-
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com