[ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Dec 19 22:25:54 EST 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 09:46, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> What I'm trying to say is that I would like to see an integration of
> UNIX and Windows.  Like OS X.  From a dumb user perspective, OS X is
> doing UNIX on the desktop right.

Don't know about any "dumb user" perspectives, but from a really smart and
informed user perspective (-: e.g. mine ;-) OSeX is most DEFINITELY doing
UNIX on the desktop right!  Mostly because it's not just Unix, but an Open
Source variety of Unix!

As for an integration with windblows all I can say is HUH??
I don't see any gains in undermining the strengths of Unix and Open Source
with the crippling bugs, viral vulnerabilities, user entrapments and
corporape criminal corruptions of Micro$haft.

I do agree fully, however, that Micro$haft desperately needs to accept and
(rigidly) adhere to open formats and standards if they expect to survive in
the coming age of ubiquitous commodity computing.

peace
aaron