[ale] Emulator vs. Virtual Machine

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Mon Dec 15 12:39:05 EST 2003

Hello,

   Could someone help me with a 'discussion' I'm having.
This other person is claiming that VMWare is an emulator
and as a result is really slow. I'm claiming that VMWare
is a Virtural machine and it's pretty darn quick. This other
person also says there is little difference between emulators
and virtual machine, at least as far as VMWare is concerned.
Would someone like to jump to help me (or the other person)?

Thanks!

Jeff

P.S. I've been using VMWare for about 4 years and found it
to be very responsive, particularly on a dual CPU box.

--
Dr. Jeff Layton
Aerodynamics and CFD