[ale] RE: [Full-Disclosure] Saddam Hussein Captured

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Dec 15 11:30:16 EST 2003

Nice...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:57:40 -0500
From: Jonathan A. Zdziarski <jonathan at nuclearelephant.com>
To: Poof <gui at goddessmoon.org>
Cc: 'dave kleiman' <dave at isecureu.com>, full-disclosure at lists.netsys.com
Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] Saddam Hussein Captured

> Anyhow, yes, I'm sure it'll affect the computers/security in some way-
> However currently that way isn't evident. When it is... Sure post away.

WASHINGTON, D.C.
Sunday, December 14 2003
SADDAM'S LAPTOP SEIZED

U.S. Forces responsible for capturing the former Iraqi leader earlier
Sunday morning later removed several items from a small room dug out
underneath the hole Saddam reportedly buried himself in. Items seized
included $3.2 million dollars in US currency, several Baghdad Priority
Mail boxes, and Saddam's personal laptop computer.

In fear of the laptop battery running down, US Forces immediately
brought in two computer forensic agents took photographs of the contents
on the laptop's display and later performed a complete analysis of its
contents.

"We figure he was making an attempt to use his computer when we raided
the basement.", replied John Cooper, one of the forensic analysis, "This
could explain why he hesitated and later surrendered without a fight."
Initial screenshots of the data were leaked to the media shortly
thereafter, and have been made available on the Internet. URLs have been
posted at the end of this article.

While the forensic analysts were very certain that the entire laptop's
contents could be retrieved, at least one was notably distressed about
the information being leaked. "We're not sure what this means yet.
There's still a lot of data to look at. Our biggest concern is that this
may affect computer security in some way."

---

I've mirrored the photos, since they were removed from their website...
http://64.202.131.2/Saddam.gif
http://64.202.131.2/Saddam2.jpg
http://64.202.131.2/Saddam3.jpg

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.