[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: [ale] Red Hat and the GPL]]

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 12 21:53:25 EST 2003

 From the horse's mouth.

Jonathan Glass

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 	Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:37:41 -0500
From: 	Brian Cole <bcole at redhat.com>
To: 	Jonathan Glass <jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu>
Subject: 	Re: [Fwd: [ale] Red Hat and the GPL]

Jonathan,

I am sorry I did not respond to you sooner.

In December 2002 we submitted a full copy of the RHEL Subscription
Agreement to legal counsel for the Free Software Foundation for review
along with our background explanation on how it is intended to work and
why we don't believe it violates the GPL. Outside counsel for the FSF
completed his review and concurred that there is nothing in this model
that inherently violates the GPL.

If you need further clarification let me know.  Obviously our legal
counsel has reviewed all of our agreements before we used them.  We are
not inviolation of the GPL.

Thanks,
Brian

Jonathan Glass wrote:

> [...]

Brian S. Cole			Phone- 919.754.3744
Account Manager			Toll Free-  888.733.4281 x43744
East Coast Public Sector 	Cell Phone- 919.696.4395
Email- bcole at redhat.com		Fax - 919.754.3708

Red Hat Academy Information:  https://www.redhat.com/training/academy/
Red Hat Education Solutions:  http://www.redhat.com/solutions/industries/education/
Have you heard about the exciting line of enterprise products from Red Hat?: http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/