[ale] Current Red Hat users - moving on?

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 8 22:23:48 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 10:37, Matthew Brown wrote:
> Anoyone going with gentoo?  I am trying it out on a new web server.  It
> looks pretty sharp.

<snip>

I'll give a second to Gentoo...
It's been over a year since I've started using it.  Haven't looked
back.  Portage is a wonderful application delivery system, even if it's
slow.  Slow due to fact it compiles most of the programs you install.
My system runs noticeably faster with a Gentoo install than with a
RedHat.
I have it installed on my desktop, laptop, and two servers.

Calvin...