[ale] Hopefully dumb question about USB Joystick

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Dec 4 22:54:31 EST 2003

Well, do I feel _really_ _really_ dumb now. The kernel needed two more
modules to be loaded before it was ready - joydev.o and sidewinder.o

Grrrr.

FWIW, I don't have a list of what usbview showed, but it was the standard
stuff that I normally see - vender id, device id, interfaces and so forth.

Now I wonder why I couldn't see the joydev.o file when I went through the
module files the first time. <<sigh>> In any event, thanks for the
bandwidth - the challenge seems to be solved now.