[ale] Shell Scripting question

Jerry Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Wed Aug 6 11:25:34 EDT 2003

	if it is as fixed as your example, you just do a 'cut -b23-',
assuming column 23 is where the file name starts. If there are
trailing characters after the file name, you may need to say cut -b23-40,
assuming column 40 is where your file name ends.

	egrep -i "you have an error in" errLogFile | cut -b23-