[ale] Shell Scripting question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 6 11:32:22 EDT 2003

linuxnews at wormfishin.com wrote:
> I'm relatively new to shell scripting, and I have a question which
> hopefully has an easy answer.  I have a script that runs and produces an
> output file.  the output file looks something like "you have and error in
> /this/file"  how can I pull the "/this/file" out of this line?

Would help if we new the exact text of the error message rather than
'something like, but the following will likely work:

awk '{print $NF}' THE_NAME_OF_THE_OUTPUT_FILE

That is as long as the file name is the last 'field' on that line.  A
field in this case is separated by whitespace.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...