Need midi help "Was: Re: [ale] I thought linux . . ."

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Aug 1 16:51:27 EDT 2003

> Dow's pretty well versed in SuSE 8.2 as well.  I've not done anything
> with midi at all.  Generally, if I have time, I'll dig around and see if
> I can find an answer as I enjoy the search and learning something new.
> Right now I'm just too bloody busy.
>
> > I know that Aaron knows volumes about midi.
>
> Aaron does play with noise quite a bit, so he might be a useful source,
> if you say please. :)
>
> Drew, I would have thought you had some midi experiences . . .

That is why I have an interest in seeing Gene helped. I have taken stabs at
getting a sequencer to work with Linux, but have always failed with error's
like Gene's (or just what I consider 'bad' software).

Unlike the stalled driver, Gene did request help in a nice fashion and
apparently got no response. Further, it doesn't seem like gotten help now
(even with the attention-getting subject line). And, I will bet $50 that Gene
would help me get midi working once he has been enlightened.

              Unfortunately, I see his question/problem still stands.

Wish you weren't too busy for this one - I am sure you could have gotten to
the bottom of it.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

P.S. Aaron, can you please send me that "small program that displays midi
events in the console" you gave me a long time ago? I lost it in one of my
"data loss sessions" along with your contact info.