[ale] Linux and Virii

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Mon Apr 21 16:08:50 EDT 2003

Hey all,

Today is an interesting day here at work.  There is a virus spreading
through the company like wildfire.  People are undoubtingly showing extreme
ignorance as to how virii can spread on a computer. However, I started
thinking about it.  I know the threat for a virus on a linux machine is
tremendously less than on a windows machine.  My question is...  As a linux
user is it something I should be concerned with.  Also, are there virus
protectors readily available for linux machines.

Thanks guys!
Rob