[ale] .NET

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Thu Oct 31 07:52:10 EST 2002

I prefer using Linux for everything but as far as the
whole Visual Studio .NET development environment, I
have to give Microsoft a thumbs up.  I have been using
it for nearly a year now and it is pretty nice for
developing Microsoft applications.  It's what Microsoft
should have done from the beginning.  I wish there was
a development environment like this in Linux.  I have
played around with different development tools in Linux
and nothing is as complete as VS.NET.  If there was a
tool like this in Linux, we wouldn't be mentioning
Microsoft at all.... :)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:42:12 -0800 (PST), Michael
Golden wrote:

> Greetings,
> 	I just went to an MS presentation about .NET here at
> my school and of
> course their presentation was all in favor of it. I
> came out of the
> presentation with a free copy of WinXP Pro and Visual
> Studio.NET
> Academic Edition, but also thinking that it isn't that
> bad of an idea
> but not my style and I'll avoid it. But, I'm
interested
> in hearing what
> people think here both positively and negatively as it
> applies to Linux
> and to computing in general (honestly don't care about
> the windows only
> part). How will it affect us good or bad? What
problems

href="http://mail.mikeandmel.com/jump/http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</a> for more
> info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.