[ale] [OT] Odd XP Behavior

Jonathan Glass (IBB) jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 31 04:42:15 EST 2002

My intention is simply to share an odd experience with WinXP (which I
know most of you don't really like), but which I have to support.
<put on flame suit>
I'm running XP Pro at home to learn how to support it.  I setup my
account the way I like it (Mozilla, eudora, the gimp, cygwin,
OpenOffice, etc) with all my applications being the default.  No
problem, everything worked fine.  I setup my wife's account, and when
she logged on, IE prompted her if it should be the default browser, and
of course she clicked "OK".  Now IE is MY default browser, and will NOT
let me change it back to Mozilla!  Stupid M$ crap.
</remove flame suit>

Thanks

Jonathan Glass