[ale] Resume

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Oct 25 10:24:17 EDT 2002

James P. Kinney III wrote:

> I used to send .doc as requested. Until I was turned down for a position
> because the .doc format I sent (through a recruiter) showed up infected
> with a macro virus.

In the past, when headhunters requested Word formatted resume's I have
attempted to educate them regarding the dangers of such.  In most cases
they were receptive and accepted pdf or html versions.

I did have one who was upset that I would suggest such a thing, thus I
never sent the resume'.

My perspective is completely different then others as in these cases I
was already employed and either putting feelers out or just trying to
assess my ongoing marketability.

If I was out of work, I'd likely do anything they requested in order not
to piss them off, but I'd still likely have the conversation with them
first.

Of course we all say we'd do one thing when talking about being
unemployed and actually modify that behavior when we are unemployed...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net