[ale] Burning MP3s to CD?

Stanaland, Brian BStanaland at PanAmSat.com
Fri Oct 18 14:13:57 EDT 2002

Also, check the documentation that came with the DVD player.  One of mine
needs the .mp3 files in the top level but the other will read and display
subdirectories.  Both players mangle filenames longer than DOS-style
<8characters>.mp3.

Brian Stanaland

-----Original Message-----
From: Vernard Martin [mailto:vernard at cc.gatech.edu]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 10:46 AM
To: Danny Cox
Subject: Re: [ale] Burning MP3s to CD?

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 10:16, Danny Cox wrote:

> how do I make the image?  Put all the .mp3 files in a directory, and use
> mkisofs in the usual way (Joilet extensions, I assume)?

You hit it right on the head. I have a similar situation and mkisofs to
create the .iso file containgin all my mp3s followed by cdrecrod gate me
something it could use. I had to put all the mp3 files in the top level
directory for mine to work (which was more than a bit annoying) but it
did work.

Vernard Martin <vernard at cc.gatech.edu>
Georgia Institute of Technology - College of Computing - Systems Group

sent to listmaster at ale dot org.