[ale] Laughing myself sick!

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sat Oct 12 08:35:49 EDT 2002

On Friday 11 October 2002 09:45 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> Byron A Jeff wrote:
> > I got the funniest letter in the snail mail today:
> >
> > BSA
> > Business Software Alliance
>
> <snip>
>
> > ...Not sure if you're fully licensed? We can help you find out.
> > -------------------
> > Hmmm. All of my machines except for my Clayton State laptop is running
> > Linux exclusively.
>
> I'd invite them out to 'help you.'

Maybe all of us who run Linux exclusively should pretend to be an
'unhappy employee' and report ourselves.  Be real nice to the BSA when
they show up, but waste as much of their time as possible.

Explain to the BSA investigator that you 'have some government
secrets' on some computers, "so this nice security guard will accompany
you". Take the guard aside and whisper instructions: "it he tries to
access any secrets, shoot him". Make sure the BSA goons hear this.

It helps if the guard is a Barney Fife type. Be sure to issue him enough
bullets to go around.

Regards,
Irv.