[ale] Installfest followup

Andrew Grimmke grimmke at directvinternet.com
Thu Oct 10 08:09:20 EDT 2002

Will there be coffee?  If not I can bring a pot, cups,
etc.

I can also bring:
- a machine with a burner (only 8x, sorry),
- some ethernet cables, including a 100'
- a KVM switch
- Vector Linux 2.5 (which is a good distribution for
older machines with small hdd's)

On Wed, 09 October 2002, "H. Bieber" wrote:

> This is a reminder about the Installfest this weekend
> (10/12/02) if you have not signed up yet, please do
so.
> Remember to bring your friends and relates for the
> installfest, the more converts the merrier. Here is a
> list of the things that are available, if you can add
> to this list, put your name on the item and bring it
> with you.
> There is internet access, I have a router PC and 24
> port switch. I have a couple (5) 25' ethernet cables.
> The room is short on electrical outlets, I will have 2
> or 3 power strips, please bring more. If someone can
> bring a 25 or 50 foot extension cord that would be
> great. If someone has a machine with a decent speed
> burner, please bring it so we can make copies of
> distros for others. As for Distros: I will have a
> couple copies of RH8 and 7.3, I have Mandrake 8.0, if
> someone has 9.0 please bring it, Debian 3.0 (I think,
> don't have the disks with me right now) I have Debian
> Progeny also, FreeBSD, SUSE (can't remember which,
just
> received them from Linux Central) If people want to
> bring any old Hardware or Software to sell that is
cool
> also. On the food and drink situation, I have not
heard
> from Blake of ALS to let me know if there is any $$
so,
> let's assume there is not. I think the Pot Luck idea
is

href="http://mail.directvinternet.com//jump/http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml">http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml</a> for more
> info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.