[ale] using the power of two computers

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 13:31:30 EDT 2002

> And don't laugh re the "army of 486es" - If you work up a farm of 25-50
> of them, think about how wide your I/O pipe is...

LOL well honestly i meant that mosix needed to be put in the kernel
referring to all kernels but i didnt word that clearly at all did i? any
case about the army of 486's :-p i was honestly being serious, there are
plenty of benifits of having 25-50 identical computers. like you said I/O
being one, :) and things can allways be said about multi processors and
true multi tasking ;) 4 processors beat the work of 1 :D well, within
reason :-p lol altho an army of 486's, well, they are gonna eat up power
like an bat outta hell! wonder what the bill is for 50 nodes of that nature!