[ale] chance to talk with Johnny Isakson('s staff)

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Nov 12 14:21:30 EST 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 10:14:24PM -0500, Cade Thacker wrote:
> I have a close friend of the family(a very well respect Judge in Cobb
> County)  that is a pretty good friend of Johnny Isakson. I mentioned to
> her some of my complaints with how poorly things are going for
> freethinking tech people, and she said that if she wanted me too, she
> would be happy to try and set up a meeting in the first of the year. I
> probably would not talk to Johnny directly but instead with a staffer.

> So my question is:
> Is it worth it?

Very definitely.
> Have these guys already made up their minds?
Probably not.  They just need to be educated.  We would be fools not to use
this opportunity to tell him our concerns on jobs and technology.  The
Federal government has done virutally nothing to help the economy or High
Tech.  Here is an opportunity to change that.

> What would be the area where you all think I can make the most impression?
> (start with a smaller battle?)
I think we get one shot so let's make it count!

Btw, I'd be very interested in being one of those who meet with him.

> Should I just the eff some money and forget about it? ;)

> Thanks a bunch.

> --cade

> On Linux vs Windows
> ==================
> Remember, amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic!
> ==================

Bob Toxen
transam at verysecurelinux.com            [Bob's ALE Bulk email]
bob at verysecurelinux.com                [Please use for email to me]
http://www.verysecurelinux.com         [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]

My book:"Real World Linux Security, 2nd Ed.", published 10/24/2002
ISBN: 0130464562:

     http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com/

Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.      "Don't go with a fly-by-night outfit!"

GPG Public key available at http://www.verysecurelinux.com/pubkey.txt
  and on the CD-ROM that comes sealed and attached to Real World Linux Security
pub  1024D/E3A1C540 2000-06-21 Bob Toxen <book at verysecurelinux.com>
     Key fingerprint = 30BA AA0A 31DD B68B 47C9  601E 96D3 533D E3A1 C540
sub  2048g/03FFCCB9 2000-06-21