[ale] OT (way out there): switching from beer to wine....

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Nov 12 14:20:35 EST 2002

Stories like this
(http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/conditions/11/11/wine.dementia.reut/index.html)
 make me think hard about giving up beer and switching to wine.  After
all, a man can't take any chances when it comes to his thinking cap.

<AA FLAME BAIT>Yes, I enjoy beer on a weekly basis</AA FLAME BAIT> with
varying frequency, but have also enjoyed wine in the past and would
consider trying the admittedly difficult departure from my good friend
beer.

However, I'm no wine expert by any means, and really don't know how to
identify a wine that provides at least some quality for costs that
approach beer's affordabilty.  I enjoy both white and red wines and would
like to find a reasonably affordable, palatable, non-gut-rotting vintage
in each.

Any wine connoisseurs on the list?  Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

John