[ale] OT: BellSouth FastAccess DSL

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Nov 8 20:16:03 EST 2002

You heard wrong.

I do have a static IP address, but I run a web server and mail server
from an Earthlink DSL line.

I have a client who has a dynamic IP Earthlink DSL (basic home package)
and they can access their squirellmail with no problems (dyndns) from
anywhere in the world (until the DSL "modem" died from lightning.
Earthlink is sending a replacement at no charge).

Bellsouth uses aggressive html caching which causes immense problems for
remote web application development.