[ale] GNOME 2 slowdown

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed May 29 12:37:14 EDT 2002

Yesterday, I took a chance and downloaded some of the updated GNOME RPMs
from the Rawhide directory. It appears that the net effect of the update
was to bring my GNOME installation up to 2.0 preview quality (or at least
up to what Ximian users get to see). I do like the new Mac-style menubar.
I do NOT like the ground-to-a-halt refresh speed of the updated GNOME
terminal. Aside from the usual custom-compilation advice, is there anything
I'm missing or need to configure? TIA