[ale] robots

Christopher Bergeron cbergeron at bass-associates.com
Fri May 24 14:26:34 EDT 2002

Jeff, I'm all for your idea.  However, considering that if you have
several of these units roam your yard constantly during the summer might
it not be a better idea to just replace your yard/grass entirely with
solar panels and give some juice back to your home?  :)

All jokes aside, I'd really like to be kept updated on your progress.
This sounds very intriguing and it definitely sounds like a job for a
Basic Stamp.

One thing to consider will be that you will have to have enough 'bots to
cover your entire yard surface over the course of a week or two; lest
you'll have "patches" in your yard that haven't been cut (I'm picturing
a handful of _really_ long blades of grass every here and there)...

-CB

that
> > can certainly be addressed, but only by upping the complexity a lot.
>
> I wasn't thinking of anything too complex - the RakeBot just has an
out
> path
> that is semi-random, and a return path to a beacon.  However, the
power
> budget
> might need to be markedly greater to overcome the friction of debris.
>

> --
> Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
>     posting from, but not     |
> 	speaking for:             |
> Scientific Atlanta, Digital Video Services Group
>

>      - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - -
-
> This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
> confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law.
The