[ale] $TERM settings?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon May 20 13:52:40 EDT 2002

I'm trying to enable color in my mutt email so certain people and lists
will be highlighted.  This is working great.  I've found one problem
though.  Since I changed $TERM to either xterm-color or rxvt my screen
session doesn't scroll anymore.

If I set $TERM on my local workstation to rxvt, ssh to the remote box,
set it there I can do an "ls -lar" and scroll works great.  I can page
up and my local terminal with a very large scroll buffer scrolls back
just great.  If i start screen, no more scrolling.  I can use the screen
scrolling but it's much easier to use the same scroll back in all my
term sessions (tend to run about 8-10 at a time).

Is there a $TERM setting that works better?  I didn't see anything that
stood out in my .screenrc either.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: