[ale] How to switch login screen from Gnome to KDE

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed May 15 10:12:36 EDT 2002

moisey.g.oysgelt at mail.sprint.com wrote:
> I'd like to move from Gnome to Kde interface.
>
> I know hoe to make setting  for a user, but how can I  make  login
> screen  use KDM

The exact thing you'll want to do will vary from distro to distro, but you'll have to trace the script that launches [gxk]dm and somehow (usually) sets the DISPLAYMANAGER variable.  Look in /etc/*/init.d/xdm.  YMMV.

If you have SuSE, you can use Yast to set this.
RedHat has configuration files under /etc/sysconfig you can monkey with.
Slackware...um, I forgot. maybe in /etc/X11/...

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith