[ale] How does IMAP store subscribed folders?

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Tue May 14 09:33:59 EDT 2002

I'm hoping someone here can explain this behavior.

I have an IMAP server(imap-2000c) which I access from two different machines
using Mozilla (1.0rc2).  If I subscribe to a new folder in ~/mail on one of the
machines, I'm finding that I'm automatically subscribed on the other machine
when I start Mozilla Mail and vice versa.

I'm glad that it works this way, but I would have thought that the 'subscribed
folder' information was stored w/in the IMAP client's preferences instead of
some mysterious location.  I haven't had any luck tracking down where this
information is stored.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
                                Chris Egolf