[ale] A call to Audit M$...

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun May 12 10:28:51 EDT 2002

I got the BSA letter as well. I employ no one! Literally! I'm it.

Wow, I guess I'll have kick over some $$ for that old Win95 CD that
shipped with my laptop in 1996 that now runs Linux. I am currently using
that CD as a coffee cup coaster as I write this. Can CD's be read with
coffee rings still on them? I microwaved an NT3.51 disk set. Ditto for 5
copies NT4.0 that were OEMs with work PC's. Work installed newly
licensed bulk version of the same OS (no serial required). We gave them
out like door prizes for a while. Or at least tried to. Nobody wanted
them. I put a box that said FREE on it outside my door. In it I had
shrink-wrapped NT4 sets with manuals et al, and jewel cased copies of
RedHat 6.1 (latest at the time). No one took an NT set. I burned about
12 sets of the Linux CD's. Hmmm.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>