[ale] OT: High-quality pc speakers

Tyler Kiley tyler at kianta.com
Wed May 8 23:36:16 EDT 2002

I'm shopping around for a set of really high-quality pc speakers -- or any
other magnetically shielded, powered speakers that would work.  I just bought
a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 set from Best Buy, but I'm planning to return it --
the sound quality isn't what I'd hoped for.  Does anyone have any
recommendations?

It almost seems like you have to go for studio monitors (such as those made by
Mackie) to get decent powered speakers these days (and at $500 per speaker,
I'd rather not.)

Tyler