[ale] Memory jog needed for remote XTerm and $DISPLAY

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Tue Mar 26 11:57:46 EST 2002

Fletch -

Thanks. That works. For some reason I have to provide the full path to
'xterm' on the remote, but that's no real problem.

One refinement would be nice: I seem to be stuck at the 'ssh' invocation
in the shell window from which I started the shell. Is there a way to
'background' the 'ssh' link and get that console back for local use (or to
close it and reduce clutter)?

Thanks again.

--
 - John Mills