[ale] Apache Training in Atlanta

Ian Kennedy ikennedy at woa.com
Mon Mar 4 14:33:47 EST 2002

Right, sorry. I am a web designer/developer in charge of design, development and administration of www.worldair.com - I am proficient in the design and development areas, but I have no experience (outside of the past month) working with Apache (or Linux for that matter).

If I can find a course which includes Apache configuration inside of a broader Linux Administration course, that would be fantastic (the training budget is decent and I would love to learn the Linux OS using company cash). As far as specifics, I would like to learn basic configuration (including virtual hosts, etc.), module installation, cgi, perl, php and database connectivity (MySQL). So I guess I'm looking more for a comprehensive overview to give me a good foundation.

Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks,
Ian

>>> Denny Chambers <dchambers at snapserver.com> 03/04/02 12:27PM >>>
Sorry, I don't know of any places that I can recommend for Apache
training. It might help other folks though if we knew what your goals
were for taking the training class. I.E. Are you interested in
development, administration, etc...? If Administration, is there a
particular area of interest (Secure Web Server, DSO modules, CGI/Servlet
use within Apache, etc...? A course that may have been good for one
person, may not be what you are looking for.

just my two cents,

Denny

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px"><FONT size=1>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>Right, sorry. I am a web designer/developer in charge
of design, development and administration of <A
href="http://www.worldair.com">www.worldair.com</A> - I am proficient in the
design and development areas, but I have no experience (outside of the past
month)&nbsp;working with&nbsp;Apache (or Linux for that matter). </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If I can find a course which includes Apache configuration inside of a
broader Linux Administration course, that would be fantastic (the training
budget is decent and I would love to learn the Linux OS using company cash). As
far as specifics, I would like to learn basic configuration (including virtual
hosts, etc.), module installation, cgi, perl, php and database connectivity
(MySQL). So I guess I'm looking more for a comprehensive overview to give me a
good foundation.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Ian</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; Denny Chambers &lt;dchambers at snapserver.com&gt;
03/04/02 12:27PM &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>Sorry, I don't know of any places that I can
recommend for Apache<BR>training. It might help other folks though if we knew
what your goals<BR>were for taking the training class. I.E. Are you interested
in<BR>development, administration, etc...? If Administration, is there
a<BR>particular area of interest (Secure Web Server, DSO modules,
CGI/Servlet<BR>use within Apache, etc...? A course that may have been good for
one<BR>person, may not be what you are looking for.<BR><BR>just my two
cents,<BR><BR>Denny&nbsp; <BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>