[ale] CVS 'modules' 'style' and 'HOWTO' question

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Mon Mar 4 13:24:35 EST 2002

John Mills writes:
 > ALErs -
 >
 > After a deafeningly silent response on comp.software.config-mgmnt, I have
 > a question for CVS users here.
 >
 > Multiple functions in my source tree contribute to one shared
 > 'include/interface' directory in addition to having their own
 > 'include/MODULE/*.h' entries.
 >
 > I want to define CVS 'modules' for my source tree so a user can check out
 > source and header files associated with one function with only the needed
 > files from the 'include/interface' directory, as well as its own full set
 > of 'include/MODULE/*.h' and 'MODULE/*.[c|cpp]' files (and 'Makefile',
 > ...).

It looks to me like you always have complete directories that need to
be checked out, never select files from a directory.  If so, I think
that you can use the "alias" function to associate multiple
directories with a single modules.

I don't know of a way to associate particular files with a module.

--Michael