[ale] OT - Entry Level Job Opening

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Jul 30 08:24:19 EDT 2002

/me grabs shotgun, points it at this thread, and pulls the trigger.

There...it's dead.  Sheesh.  Leave the guy alone.  How many people on this
list are unemployed?  How many *need* job leads like this?

What if I decide to post a job opening that only develops in Visual Basic?
 I'll post it to this list because I respect the technical acumen of the
members, and frankly, I just like most of you (or your online
personalities).  Of course, VB won't do Linux, so by developing for that
platform, my company is (oh my gosh) biasing in favor of Windows users.
Who cares?  It's not my decision, for if it were I'd choose a
cross-platform solution.  I'm still going to post it to Ale, because I
would hopefully be helping one of you.

Alan's already stated that the majority of his company's customer base are
Windows users.  He's also stated that he doesn't make decisions regarding
the website.  He was simply trying to pass along potentially useful
information for those on the list who are scraping to make ends meet.
That's all, nothing else.  I don't think his intention was to insult you.

Take it up with the webmaster.  Leave Alan alone.

John