[ale] Enough of the OT Crap!!

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jul 22 01:58:55 EDT 2002

Jeez o' pete.

Alright, here's the way I look at it.  I am not a founder.  I am not the
only member here.  I don't own ale.  I don't make the rules.  Ale existed
before me, and it will exist after I'm gone.

Therefore, I can't tell anyone here what to post and what not to post.
I'm not going to ask everyone to first send me their message and let me
peruse it to make sure it adheres to purely on-topic standards.  If
someone wants to post their Nostradamic predictions, I'm certainly not
going to email them and bitch them out for doing so.

It's their right to post it, and it's your right to bitch them out.  Go
ahead.

I personally don't mind if the topic sometimes strays from Linux.  If
we're quoting the web site, well, "The ALE group is loosely organized,
with a few people acting as contact points and no charter to bog things
down."  Loose, in my opinion, is good.

If the group, as it exists, drives people away, well, hate to see you go.
Try to shape it to your view of how it should be before you give up (I
guess you are :)).  If you change it, so be it.  All I know is that I see
value in Ale, both on and off topic.  I'll still be here, regardless.

John