[ale] OT - DSL

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Jul 11 15:39:59 EDT 2002

The story you told is fairly common with Bellsouth - normally, I would say
something like: "All companies have their best and worst case
scenarios..." - but with Bellsouth, it seems it is much more often a worst
case scenario.  Luckily, we have had little to no problems with them
(knocking very carefully on a very strong piece of oak).  As I said once
before, we spent about a year and a half trying to get our ADSL switched
over to Atlanta Internet Networks, but according to Todd they (Bellsouth)
were giving him the run around big time - a year and a half, and we couldn't
get it switched.

So, my recommendation to a business customer is always - try Bellsouth
first - if you can't get it installed in less than two months, go somewhere
else.

Charles