[ale] OT - DSL

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Wed Jul 10 13:26:18 EDT 2002

I'm not telling who I use and how since then y'all can't swamp the "good
thing" . ;-)

Just kidding around, I use Earthlink DSL.  Just to show how varied all
ISPs are, I have never had a problem of significance and have had a
couple of years of excellent service.  Earthlink has a great deal where
you sign up for DHCP/PPPoE DSL, and then switch to a static IP for
$15/month more.  I pay ~$65/month and have a static IP.  This switch
seems to move you from the consumer to business networks in the
Earthlink scheme.

I haven't measured up and down bandwidth in a long time but I believe
I've gotten a download of a 6Mb file in 45 seconds.  Upload has to be
only 100-200Kb/ps.
Dow