[ale] burned up about burnin'

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 4 10:18:21 EDT 2002

Seems like you are passing the wrong drive parameter to the kernel.
You need to find which ide channel your writer is connected to.

Might be as simple as having,

"hdc=ide-scsi"

instead of maybe,

"hdd=ide-scsi"

you can usually find this setting in the "/etc/lilo.conf" file
(remember to run '/sbin/lilo' as root if you make any changes)
if you are using lilo, or

"/boot/grub/menu.lst" if you are using grub.

Calvin...