[ale] burned up about burnin'

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Jul 4 09:39:06 EDT 2002

ALE:
I have been using commands to burn CDs under Redhat 7.2. I installed RedHat
7.3 on the same hardware, and I can no longer burn CDs. I can put an audio CD
in the DVD player and the burner, and they both look like they are playing
the track (don't hear any sound yet - but that is an unrelated issue). Here's
what's goin' down . . .

[root at change root]# cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -data /data/cdimage.iso
Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.22
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
atapi: 1
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'DVDROM 1'
Identifikation : '0X              '
Revision       : '41  '
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-ROM.
cdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found on
this target.

[root at change root]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.22
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'DVDROM 1' '0X              ' '41  ' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

[root at change root]# cat /etc/fstab
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda5               /data                   ext3    defaults        1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda2               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro
0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro
0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
[root at change root]#

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com