[ale] cloning a hard drive

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jul 1 21:14:18 EDT 2002

I swear I recall a discussion about this a while back, but I can't
locate it in the archives.

I'd like to clone a drive, I figured something like 'dd if=/dev/hda
of=/dev/hdb' would be close, but that does not appear to be correct.

I guess I could try to create identical partitions on the two drives and
then dd the partitions?

The problem is probably that the drives are not the same size.

Suggestions would be appreciated, although I'm going to continue to play
with this.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net