[ale] AOL sues Microsoft

Kyle Lussier lussier at autonoc.com
Thu Jan 24 04:45:37 EST 2002

> but to say it's a government, nay.... a FAMILY conspiracy?
> Oh come on!

I have had this discussion with a variety of very pro-MS people,
(and don't think I'm not pro-MS, we use both platforms, almost
equally).  They *always* say that, until they pick up their
search engine and start evaluating whether or not what I said
was true.  I invite you to do the same.

Whether you love it, hate it, disagree without, call it a conspiracy
theory, or what have you, the fact remains, everything I offered
is factually accurate.

Lawyers and analysts all agree, that it is precisely the accuracy of
what I said that is the reason AOL filed the lawsuit, as did the
Anti-Trust Watch Dog group, and I suspect we will be seeing a
variety more, including Sun, possibly Real Networks and others.

Why else would people sue the DoJ, instead of Microsoft?

What would be the point?  You aren't going to get much in the way
of damages from the DoJ.  The only reason a private group sues
the DoJ is to make a constitutional point.

Kyle Lussier