[ale] AOL sues Microsoft

Matt Shade mshade at threekay.com
Thu Jan 24 04:21:43 EST 2002

Well...I could be called a Microsoft "apologist"....I use, and will continue
to use, Microsoft products because they do for me what I need to do. I can't
beat their Word for creating docs that are shareable with customers. I can't
beat their PowerPoint for presentations I need to make. If I need a new
scheduling program, then something made for windows is going to beat out
anything I've seen for linux.
It's not that I don't want linux to be the top dog, but for right now, it's
not. So I suppose I'm one of those that are keeping Microsoft on top and
linux trying to catch up. But I'm not the only one. One of the reasons why I
am on the MS side is the people who are writing software for Windows. I
don't know what the numbers are for Win programmers as opposed to linux
programmers, but I'd be willing to bet it's better than 4 to 1. Maybe even
10 to 1. I don't know.
I'm not out to bash Linux. Hell, I've been a linux user/programmer/advocate
for more than 8 years. I'm also not out to bash Microsoft.

<flame suit>  # because most readers are anti-MS and pro-[anything anti-MS]
I started out reading the response below thinking "right on"...then thinking
"what the ?"..then again thinking "okay, getting back on track....", but
overall thinking "Geez, what's the agenda?".  This started out as "Hey, its
not MS's fault, it's the government's fault" and then went to "Bush Sucks!
and the horse he rode in on!"

What the F!??  I'm sorry...maybe there are some antitrust issues (but I'm
all for a person pushing his product as best he can), but to say it's a
government, nay.... a FAMILY conspiracy? Oh come on!
</flame suit>

matt