[ale] SSH fm Win2k to Linux/FreeBSD

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Jan 18 10:02:42 EST 2002

Hi all,

OK, How the heck do I get the 'Insert' key to act right using SecureCRT/SSH on Win2K to remote access 1 FreeBSD (4.4) and 2 Linux (Redhat 7.x) boxes.  Using vi is nearly impossible.  I can use 'dd' to delete entire lines, but many times all I want to do is change one character or word.

Aaargh.  I'll be glad when I can look back and laugh at my *nix ignorance of today...

Tia

Charles