[ale] php/mysql install hell

Dan Singhal dsinghal at speakeasy.net
Mon Jan 7 09:31:11 EST 2002

Jim -- That's the default installation tree
for mysql, so --with-mysql=/usr/ should work ...

By default, mySQL wants to install into /usr/local
if you compile, but the distribution binaries/rpm's
all use /usr ...

The install I just checked I put it in
/usr/local/databases/mysql and the installation tree
has that same look you're talking about (other than
the logs (/var/lib/mysql)), and the config.status for
php has "--with-mysql=/usr/local/database/mysql/" in it ...

first of all, make sure that there is only one php on your
system (I haven't used RH since 97, so I have no idea
what comes bundled anymore).  If there's only one, check
your config.status in the php src dir, and make sure that
it has /usr/ for --with-mysql listed ...

--dan singhal