[ale] HOWTO change green bg color of Netscape6.2 ?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 7 08:01:14 EST 2002

Courtney Thomas wrote:

> Greetings !
>
> Edit, Prefs, etc...... won't do it. I am referring to the menu areas
> around the message areas, also the bottom and sides of the browser window.

I think you need to deal with your window manager, not Netscape itself.
You should be able to do this by adding something like the following to
your .Xdefaults or .xresources file:

Netscape*background: lightblue

Or whatever color you're looking to use.  If you do this while X is
running, then you need to execute xrdb against the file you've modified.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html