[ale] OT: DIRECTV DSL R.I.P.

Ricardo Davis Ricardo.Davis at PowerSystems-IM.com
Mon Dec 16 11:45:36 EST 2002

Not good.

I've been with Telocity/DTV DSL for 2 years up in Cherokee County.
They were by far the best option for broadband: static IP, multiple
e-mail addresses, self-install, no BS about home networking, only
down 4 hours since I've been online.  The company formerly known to
us as Mindspring wants an additional $20/month for comparable
capability (NOT!)

Given the press and commentary, two things doomed DTV DSL:  low
profit margin and the inability of management to make the business
thrive in a tighter revenue model.  Pity.  But life must go on...

Are any of the other ISPs in the area providing "transition offers"?
If an ISP with favorable ratings on dslreports.com called me today
and said they'd switch me with no change of service or price I
wouldn't think twice...I'd accept.

-RD