[ale] Num Lock

Da Splinter da_real_splinter at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 15 19:49:19 EST 2002

I leave for a moment and Num Lock becomes a hot topic.
 I usually boot in run level 3 and I put the setleds
+num in my .bash_profile file. It seems that when I
start Gnome, the Num Lock key disables.  Notice I said
Gnome.  I've read some docs on KDE and it seems they
have the capability to have the Num Lock enable on
startup.  See the following documentation under the
KDE Base Package section:

http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog2_1to2_2.html

This only works for KDE 2.2 and later.