[ale] Regarding replies to the list...

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Mon Dec 9 11:12:43 EST 2002

> Let me make sure we all understand this.  Two folks have indicated they
> prefer the current setup. In my mind, there are three options.
>
> Currently there is no way to send email to the original poster without
> explicitly typing their email addr into the window.  That to me sucks.

Er, using squirrelmail, "reply" is ale, "reply all" is ale & esoteric@ ...

just hit up pine, and reply says "use reply-to?" ...

Y gives me ale; NY gives me esoteric@, ale; NN is esoteric@ ...

Mutt asks "reply to ale?" N says "To: esoteric@"; Y -> "To: ale@"

Elm seems to give me "ale@" for reply and group; but i'm gonna suggest elm
is broken here :)  (and then i'm gonna run and hide from the vast hordes
of angry elm users :)

I like it the way it is; I want to reply to a comment, so i hit reply.  I
want to reply NOT to the list, i do an extra step (reply all; delete ale)
... I'd assume that the majority of ale-based responses are actually going
back to the list, so it makes sense for that to be the default
functionality.

To me at least.

--attriel

(btw, who do I mail to get my other account removed from the list?  the
forwarder is only forwarding [ale] subjects, so the unsub verifications
don't forward :/  and I can't get to the address that is actually
subscribed, anymore :/)