[ale] Gentoo

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Aug 24 08:07:11 EDT 2002

miguel wrote:
> i am trying to install gentoo also, but, everytime i exec emerge rsync
> theres a connection, its starts to download, but after a while i get an
> error
> stating  that i have been disconnected by peer....strange..

Are you behind a firewall?

> regards
> Mig
>
> Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm back at it folks.  A larger drive, 1.2gig, a slower processor
>> p75, 32mb of memory.  This box will at least boot from the cdrom so the
>> process will begin more quickly.

As for my effort, I didn't get far, when booting the cdrom, I receive a
kernel panic followed by the message: out of memory and no killable
processes...  What's with that???

I guess I'll need to scrounge around for more memory.  I don't want to
purchase any at this time for this effort, but mostly what I've got are
older 4/8 meg sticks, leaving me maxxed out at 32mb.  I probably have
more, just need to dig deep enough. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net