[ale] Is there any way to stop this travesty? -- NO, of course not!

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Aug 23 14:42:41 EDT 2002

> The deeper problem with electronic voting is the lack of an
> audit trail.
> See RISKS LIST
> http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/21.12.html#subj1.1 for an
> intro.  These are all closed source systems that are "self-auditing".
> Meaning that once the election results are reported, there is
> no possibility
> of a recount to verify results.  If there are systemic
> problems, how can you
> rely on the system to find and report errors?

Anybody ever read a book called 'Votescam'?

This is why I am absolutely, 100% against *any type of electronic voting.

But then, I'm against secret ballot voting too.  We should go back to the
way it used to be - all get together at the local courthouse, and vote by a
show of hands.

Charles